Friday, January 6, 2012

Let Safeway know you want to be able to use coupons!

Safeway stores have a very good coupon policy, however, the new data bar format coupons  (The ones that only have those funny lines, but no UPC) cannot be read by their current Cash Register system, so they will NOT accept these coupons and have been enforcing that rule VERY STRICTLY!   I was told today (by the Assistant Manager at the store near my house) that I should let corporate know that I would like their system updated to take these coupons! So, I'm calling on all of you to contact them as well-if enough people want it updated, I think they'll do it!!  


Go to the Safeway link below and fill out the form with your information and paste the request below into the "Comments" box (or write your own if you'd like)
I was recently made aware that your current POS computer system cannot read the recently updated data bar format on new manufacturers' coupons (because the coupons are no longer produced with a UPC).  Your store management has stated that, due to recent coupon fraud, your corporate policy is not to any coupons that won’t scan. I understand and agree with that policy, however, I would greatly appreciate if you would update your POS systems company wide so your stores can scan and read these legitimate data bar coupons. These data bars are designed by manufacturer’s to help prevent fraud, which is the reason many stores have already updated their POS systems to read this new format. I LOVE your store, but I do have a budget for my family and using coupons helps me save. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my suggestion, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this issue. 



or you can call them at 1-877-723-3929 toll free

No comments:

Post a Comment